Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Stuffed Trout

I love beef. Given my choice of meat, beef wins every time. But I like fish and, as I am trying to lose some weight, I recently decided to try to eat more fish. In the past, I have pretty much stuck to the two S's, salmon and shrimp. Safe enough. But when we were kids and went camping, we'd often go fishing with our Dad and enjoy the spoils for dinner. I watched Nancy Fuller, the chef on the Food Network show, Farmhouse Rules, catch and cook trout for her dinner one night. I was inspired to modify her recipe below.
Meet My Trout

I got butterflied trout at Whole Foods, then seasoned them and stuffed them with chopped mushrooms, shallots, dill, parsley and lemon zest mixed with a tablespoon of olive oil and the juice of half a lemon.
Then I placed sliced lemons on the trout and wrapped them with bacon.
I
I cooked them in a cast iron skillet that was lightly oiled on the stove on medium high for 3 minutes and then in a 425 degree oven for 25 minutes.  It was really delicious.  For you Weight Watchers, this was 8 points.
More of these kinds of recipes, and I might not even miss beef.....NOT.  But really, how can you go wrong with anything wrapped in bacon?????
The End Result

No comments:

Post a Comment