Pages

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Hang In There!

I know, I know. I'm not supposed to weigh-in every day. But honestly, I do better overall if I am constantly stepping on the scale. If I were being honest with you, I'd admit that sometimes I weigh myself twice a day. Argggh. But I am now into the fifth day of my second week. (Actually, it's the fifth day, third hour, and twenty-first minute. Who said that?!?) I have not lost one more ounce. I know all the proper lines: Well, I lost a lot of water the first week and now I am actually losing real fat. My body is just adjusting to the large weight loss last week and if I stick with it, I will wake up some day soon and have lost two more pounds. Right. I also know the improper line: Damnit!!!!!

I really hate dieting. And I'd really like to give up and call my sister and suggest we meet at Big Bear Diner. But I have all this food in my cupboard and my freezer and I don't really feel like throwing it out....despite the fact that it is garbage day....no, Sallee....well, maybe I could just count calories on my own.....no, Sallee......You get the picture.

So I persevere. I did try a few new recipes in the last couple of days. First of all, with Nutrisystem, you get a bunch of waffles and pancakes and stuff like that. And starting this week, I also get one extra protein with breakfast. Oh, sorry, Nutrisystem calls them Power Fuels, PF. Whatever, I decided to make a Pumpkin Spice Cheese Waffle for breakfast:

I toasted the waffles in the toaster and then spread them with low fat cottage cheese (my PF) and sprinkled them with pumpkin pie spice.
I put these under the broiler. My intention was to get the cheese hot and bubbly. Maybe some color on it. But I had to pull them out sooner than that because the edges of the waffles were getting pretty brown. Still, the cheese was hot and then I poured on a tablespoon of sugar-free syrup.
It was a very satisfying and tasty breakfast. So overall, I'd give it a thumbs up.  

And while we're talking about thumbs up, let me tell you the best Nutrisystem snack that I've had so far: The Chocolate Pretzels. Oh yum.
They taste so good that I went to the Nutrisystem site and I changed my next month's order to include five of these puppies. So good.  And that's important, because chocolate is the most important food group if you ask me. Well, no. Wine is the most important, but chocolate is a close #2. And the two together are just incredible. I can just see me now with my chocolate pretzels and a big glass of Zinfandel.....Stop that, Sallee. Well, a girl can dream......

2 comments:

  1. Dieting sucks, no two ways about it. Hang in there - and I love that you found those chocolate pretzels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis, So proud of you for hanging in there. Let me share something I learned (or think I learned) about myself this week.
    I NEED to get my exercise in daily.....
    I had an awesome week on WW. I was so proud of myself and the scale showed my great work.
    I was busy on Friday and Saturday and didn't even get a walk in with the dogs... so last night, after dinner, I had wine (a lot) and I found a candybar in the freezer!!
    What I think I learned is that exercise keeps the motivation up, the mood elevated. I need that in the evening when winding down.
    Any thoughts on that?

    ReplyDelete